[WOMM = Word-of-Mouth Marketing]
We’ve received e-mails (and questions via a regional trade show) this week about our passion for WOMM, where it came from, and why… I think it’s best described via Andy Sernovitz’s “WOMM Manifesto” below:
- Happy customers are your best advertising. Make people happy.
- Marketing is easy: Earn the respect and recommendation of your customers. They will do your marketing for you, for free.
- Ethics and good service come first.
- UR the UE: You are the user experience (not what your ads say you are).
- Negative word of mouth is an opportunity. Listen and learn.
- People are already talking. Your only option is to join the conversation.
- Be interesting or be invisible.
- If it’s not worth talking about, it’s not worth doing.
- Make the story of your company a good one.
- It is more fun to work at a company that people want to talk about.
- Use the power of word of mouth to make businesses treat people better.
- Honest marketing makes more money.
Sign up to the right for the book, we’ll send you a copy… and on top of that, after you read the book, we’ll sponsor ($$) a cool WOMM idea for your LYard!