“Happy customers are your best advertisers; if they like you and like what you do, they will tell their friends.” (Andy Sernovitz)
We had a customer looking to increase DIY revenue; rather than advertise in the local newspaper, and spend thousands of dollars at that doing so, we proposed that they engage in a WOMM Campaign.
So, we created the following Blog site (draft example) for them:
The Concept is Simple:
- Content geared towards DIY projects, using supplies stocked at Pro Lumberyard
- Exclusive “Builders’ Guild” or “Ambassador” program; builders earn the privilege of author status of the blog
- Builders able to market themselves and promote their own work, via their blog posts, a URL-link to their own site, etc. The Blog Authors will immediately become THE EXPERTS in the Community. That means more jobs.
- Lumberyard branded as the “go-to” destination for expert advice and quality materials
- The Empty Bin manages the WOMM 5-T process, assist builders in photographing DIY projects & writing posts
People want Local; and they understand community.
Don’t believe me? See Seth’s post here: http://sethgodin.typepad.com/seths_blog/2009/01/time-to-start-a.html